Of course your going to BBQ this Australia Day! And we hope you choose our delicious organic meat from TMP Organics!
What Meat Is Best For BBQ?
We recommend Beef, Chicken and Lamb for your BBQ with the classics like Burgers and Sausages being easy picks to keep everyone happy. If you’re feeling adventurous, fish is an alternative option most people forget about.
If your not sure what will be hit at your BBQ just let us know what your guests tastes are and we can help you in store. Our talented butchers have lots of experience and are happy to help.
Here are our top picks for sides and sweets!
Our picks are a tasty summer salad and to treat those sweet tooth’s after we have a Stevia Pavlova or Lamington recipe. All the ingredients can be found in store and if you come in tomorrow you can take advantage of our Angus Beef Rissoles/Burgers promotion for 2KGs for $30.
Summer Salad (Greek Style)
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 100g/3½oz reduced fat feta cheese, drained and cut into cubes
- 50g/1¾oz black olives, pitted and drained
- small handful fresh mint leaves
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the onion, tomatoes and cucumber in a bowl and season to taste.
- Scatter the feta, olives and mint leaves on top. Sprinkle over the oregano and toss lightly. Drizzle over the oil and lemon juice.
Yummy Stevia Pavlova
- 8 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon stevia (or 1 cup caster sugar if you don’t want sugar free)
- 1 cup organic cream
- 1/2 cup organic yoghurt
- Vanilla pod
- Fresh fruit to top pavlova
- Preheat your oven to 150 degrees
- Whisk egg whites until soft peaks form. Add in stevia (or sugar) and whisk on high for at least ten minutes or until the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Pour the mixture into a pan lined with baking paper. The mixture should be patted into a 20 cm circle. Bake for at least 50 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool in the oven, otherwise the pavlova may collapse.
- In a bowl, beat the cream until thick and then add in the seeds of the vanilla pod and the yoghurt. Add a pinch of stevia if you would like it sweeter. The mixture should be thick and creamy. Place in the fridge for about half an hour.
- Once cooled, top the pavlova with the creamy yoghurt, and then top with your favourite fruit.
Makes 24 Squares
- 6 organic eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or 2 teaspoons vanilla bean extract
- 2 tablespoons raw honey or sweetener of your choice (organic maple syrup, few drops stevia etc)
- ¼ cup (60 ml / 2 fl oz) macadamia nut oil or your choice of (cold-pressed coconut oil, butter or olive oil)
- ½ cup (70 g / 2 ½ oz) coconut flour (see notes)
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1 cup (150 g / 5 ¼ oz) fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup (75 g / 2 ½ oz) shredded or desiccated coconut for rolling
- Preheat your oven to 160°C / 320°F.
- Whip the eggs, vanilla and honey for 10 minutes until light and creamy.
- Pour in the macadamia nut oil with the eggs still whipping and mix well.
- Add the coconut flour and baking powder and mix until combined.
- Pour lamington cake mix into a square 22 cm baking tin lined completely with baking paper.
- Sprinkle the raspberries evenly over the top.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cool for 30 minutes before lifting out from the tin to completely cool.
- Divide cake into 25 mini squares.
Make Your Chocolate Ganache
- Heat the cream or coconut milk in a small pan until almost boiling. Turn off the heat.
- Add the chocolate and allow to sit for 2 minutes without stirring.
- Stir the mix until you have a smooth silky ganache.
- Spread or dip each square of leamington with a little chocolate ganache.
- Roll in coconut and place onto a tray lined with baking paper to set.