A healthy and refreshing desert that everyone will love made from the the best and most natural organic fruits. This time of year has so many wonderful organic fruits to choose from this fruit salad will be sure to delight everyone.
One great thing about organic fruits is that they can be eaten alone or they can be used in a variety of recipes. By knowing a few different, yet simple organic fruit recipes, you can really expand the ways in which you make them part of your healthy eating habits. Today we’re going to share an awesome organic fruit recipe that’s perfect for home; to take with you to parties and at any time of the year.
The ingredient list and recipe below is for a family size portion so if you plan on making this dish to take to an event, remember to increase the amount of ingredients accordingly.
You will need:
- 2 organic peaches
- 2 organic pears
- 1 cup of organic blueberries
- A half inch piece of ginger (grated)
- Fresh organic thyme
- Organic lemon juice and a pinch of lemon zest
- Organic honey or agave nectar
- Peel peaches and pears, then dice into one inch pieces
- Add blueberries to peaches and pears
- Add grated ginger
- Finely chop organic thyme and chop (a couple of pinches will be enough)
- Add in lemon zest and lemon juice
- Mix ingredients above in a medium size bowl
- Add in organic honey or agave nectar; stir and taste until the mixture becomes sweet enough for you
This light fruit salad nicely compliments organic fish and chicken. It combines the sweetness of the fruit with the savory flavors of thyme and ginger for an exciting taste. To store any leftover fruit salad, simply put a lid on the container or cover with plastic wrap and chill.