Spraying air fresheners should not require chemicals – this all natural organic air freshener is something you can make up to suit your own personal tastes and is perfectly safe and effective.
These days, it’s quite common for people to ditch household products which are full of chemicals and unknown substances; replacing them with organic products that are better for people and the environment. One common household product that people use on a regular basis is a spray based air freshener. Spray based air fresheners can help eliminate foul odours caused from pets and food just to name a couple of things. Unfortunately, spray air fresheners aren’t commonly found in organic form, but it’s very simple to combine a couple of ingredients to make your own organic air freshener at home. It will only take a few moments of your time and your home will be left smelling wonderful.
Here are the steps on how to make organic air freshener:
- Purchase a few organic essential oils. A few good ones to use for home-made organic air freshener include chamomile, cinnamon and lavender. There are dozens of scents so you can easily pick one that fits your personality.
- Fill a spray bottle with water, leaving and inch or two of space on the top.
- Add in a few jobs of the essential oil of your choosing, close the bottle, shake and spray.
- If the smell is not strong enough for you, simply add a few more drops of organic essential oil until you have the strength of smell that you desire.
- Also note that you can mix organic essential oils together with the water in order to get the perfect scent that you’re looking for.
That’s it! All it takes is mixing two ingredients together in order to have your own custom organic air freshening spray. It’s also a fun thing to do with kids since you help them make a custom air freshener for their room. If you want to get really creative with it, you can also let them create custom labels to put on their bottles.