One of the biggest misconceptions out there regarding eating organic is that the food selection is limited. However, many of the foods you love can be purchased as organic and one of the best examples of this is organic meat. But what kind of meat can be purchased as organic?
When it comes to buying organic meat, you have the same wide selection that you do with non-organic meats. A short list includes beef, chicken, pork and lamb. In addition, you are also able to choose from camel, kangaroo and venison. In other words, when switching to organic meat, you’re not giving up any of your favorite foods. The only foods that you will be giving up are those that are overly processed and full of unnatural chemicals and compounds. Now that you know what kind of meat can be purchased organic, let’s take a look at a quick and simple organic chicken recipe.
- 4 boneless skinless organic chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons of organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of fresh organic rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of fresh organic thyme
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Using a small bowl, mix your olive oil, rosemary and thyme together
- Using a spoon, lightly drizzle the olive oil and herb mixture over the 4 pieces of organic chicken
- Work the mixture into both sides of each organic chicken breast until coated
*Tip – a little olive oil goes a long ways. You only want a light coating on each piece of chicken (do not saturate the chicken with a lot of the oil mixture)
- Once each piece is coated, put the chicken breasts into a pan giving each piece a little room to breathe and bake for 30-40 minutes until cooked through and a nice brown crust has formed on the outside of the chicken. Keep in mind that cooking time with depend on the size and thickness of each piece of organic chicken so it may vary.